state-of-the art facilities in Europe and India
3B operates three state-of-the art manufacturing facilities in Belgium, Norway and India. Our dedicated R&D Centre and our Customer Service Centre are located in Belgium. Each plant comprises the following departments: Production, Process & Technology, Maintenance, QHSE, Supply Chain and Logistics, Human Resources and Finance.
Founded in 1966, our Belgian plant operates 3 furnaces. The plant is located in Battice (Belgium) close to the Dutch and German borders, allowing for very efficient road transportation to most of our key customers. Some 400 staff members work in our Battice plant to serve the automotive, wind and performance composites markets.
3B's Battice plant is headed by Pierre-David Petitjean.
Route de Maestricht 67
- Weekdays from 07:30 > 12:00 and 13:00 > 15:00
- Compulsory PPE for drivers: safety shoes, cap and googles; long trousers, reflective vest; face mask (COVID-19 pandemic)
3B's Norwegian facility was founded in 1971 in Birkeland. Over the years the plant has developed high performance glass capabilities. The plant has 3 furnaces, it delivers glass fibre products for the high-end markets: wind, automotive and performance composites (high pressure vessels, marine, etc.). The proximity of the Kristiansand port offers many logistics advantages.
Some 215 staff members work in 3B's Birkeland plant under the direction of Heine Østby.
- Loading and regular deliveries: weekdays: 07:30 > 15:00
- Batch deliveries: 07:00 > 21:30
- Compulsory PPE for drivers: safety shoes, safety glasses, visibility clothing; face mask (COVID-19 pandemic)
Our Indian plant was founded in 1996. Located in Goa in the Konkan in Western India, the plant operates one furnace and serves both the national Indian market and global customers active in the wind and performance composites markets. The Goa plant benefits from an excellent road network as well as from the direct proximity of the port.
Headed by PVVS Rao, some 290 staff members work in 3B's Goa plant, in the following departments: Production, Process & Technology, Maintenance, QHSE, Supply Chain and Logistics, Human Resources and Finance.
- Monday > Saturday: 08:30 > 15:30 (lorry reporting at Main gate). Closed on Sundays and Nation Holidays.
- COVID-19 Protocol: around 20-30 minutes of extra time for lorry disinfection, driver and attendant need to pass through the disinfection chamber in addition to hand sanitisation and thermal temperature scan. Paper documents will be retained in UV oven.
Our R&D Centre is adjacent to our Battice plant in Belgium. We conduct comprehensive R&D activities covering glass formulation, process optimization, development of bushings, sizing as well as of manufacturing technologies. Our engineering department is also located in Battice. Our research teams have developed an efficient innovation network that allows for close collaborations between the 3B R&D Centre, our plants and a number of academic experts and technological institutes across Europe.
- Weekdays: 15:00 > 17:00
- Compulsory PPE for drivers: face mask (COVID-19 pandemic)
Our Customer Service Centre is the main contact point for all customers (orders, billing, shipments). It is based in Brussels in Belgium.